Our Mission and Values at the Heart of All We Do
At D’Youville, our mission is at the heart of everything we do. It guides our approach to care and it is present at every level, from our senior leadership to our invaluable and hard-working staff:
In the spirit of the Sisters of Charity of Ottawa, Grey Nuns of the Cross, founded by Elisabeth Bruyere, and continuing the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, D'Youville Life & Wellness Community identifies and responds to the needs of the community with professional and compassionate care.
D’Youville furthers the healing ministry of Jesus Christ by extending professional and compassionate care to seniors in need.
We achieve this mission by:
- Providing physical, emotional, social, and spiritual services for each resident.
- Assisting our residents to achieve their maximum level of independence.
- Recruiting qualified staff and providing on-going education for their development.
- Collaborating with other healthcare providers to develop services for our changing world.
- Welcoming residents, families and visitors as members of our community.
- Appreciating and celebrating the richness of the social, cultural and ethnic diversity of residents, staff, families, and visitors.
- Providing a supportive, just, collaborative, caring, and challenging environment for all affiliated with our organization.
Five Core Values
Our mission is underpinned by these five values. Our goal is to embody these values, and to imbue our work and interactions with the spirit that inspires them.
We affirm that all human beings are unique and gifted with life and thus deserve to be treated with dignity.
Human Dignity / Whole Person
We promote healing of the whole person, body, mind and spirit by providing physical, psycho-social and spiritual care.
We respect the right of others to hold opinions which are different from our own.
We speak up for the quality healthcare of all persons, at all stages of life, and work to promote a more just and caring society.
We offer individualized and personalized care and comfort through holistic presence as healthcare providers.
Care of the Poor
We serve the sick, aged, dying and marginalized of society, regardless of socio-economic status, and particularly seek to meet the needs of the poor.