Our Mission and Values at the Heart of All We Do
Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Ottawa and sponsored by the Carmelite Sisters for the Aged and Infirm, D’Youville Life and Wellness Community continues the healing ministry of Jesus Christ by identifying and responding to the needs of the community with professional and compassionate care in a home like setting.
D’Youville furthers the healing ministry of Jesus Christ by extending professional and compassionate care to seniors in need.
We achieve this mission by:
- Providing physical, emotional, social, and spiritual services for each resident.
- Assisting our residents to achieve their maximum level of independence.
- Recruiting qualified staff and providing on-going education for their development.
- Collaborating with other healthcare providers to develop services for our changing world.
- Welcoming residents, families and visitors as members of our community.
- Appreciating and celebrating the richness of the social, cultural and ethnic diversity of residents, staff, families, and visitors.
- Providing a supportive, just, collaborative, caring, and challenging environment for all affiliated with our organization.
Our mission is underpinned by these values. Our goal is to embody these values, and to imbue our work and interactions with the spirit that inspires them.
Our belief is that each home should provide a welcoming, person-centered environment and atmosphere of a “Home.” Personal warmth, love and care will reflect and give value and purpose to the residents’ lives. The wholistic care of each resident encompasses their physical, social, psychological, emotional and spiritual needs. Guided by our Catholic tradition we seek to honor the spiritual journeys of all people of all faiths.
Our belief is that quality of care is attained by a team spirit that has a shared sense of achievement, accountability, ideas, insights and the commitment to the wise stewardship of resources. Treating one another respectfully and justly, and joining for our common Mission, will enable us to continue to move forward with the times.
Our belief is that each person is created in the image of God as an object of His personal love, and as such we are to bring hope, healing and comfort to all we encounter in our ministry. In the words of Venerable Mary Angeline Teresa, we strive to be “kinder than kindness itself.”
Sanctity of Life
Our belief is that all life is sacred and we advocate especially on behalf of the elderly. We are committed to witness to the gospel message of Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
Acknowledging the importance of palliative care, our healing ministry does recognize that sickness, suffering and death are potential occasions of experiencing God.