Program Features and Services
Our multi-disciplinary approach supports the development and coordination of each participant’s Individualized Care Plan. The Plan includes the nursing, clinical, social and psychological needs of the individual. Throughout the Plan’s development and implementation, nursing staff have direct communication with the participant’s primary care physician and community support agencies. Key program features and services include:
Nursing and Clinical Monitoring
- Our nursing team provides ongoing monitoring of each individual’s physical health and cognitive abilities.
- We can arrange for rehabilitative therapies, podiatry care and lab services to be performed onsite, when prescribed by a physician.
Social and Human Needs
- Staff actively promote positive interactions between staff and peers to encourage and build self esteem and sense of engagement.
- Staff offer engaging and therapeutic activities throughout the day including live entertainment, warm weather cookouts, bingo, bowling, horseracing, golf, pokeno, word searches, puzzles, and activities of choice and ability. Participants are offered assistance, as needed, with all activities.
- Participants enjoy occasional outings in the community on the D’Youville bus with Adult Day Health staff.
- Daily, each participant receives a nutritional light breakfast, a well-balanced noon-time meal, and afternoon refreshments. Working with our dietician and Dining services we can accommodate most dietary needs.
Self Care and Grooming
- Both men and women participating in our Adult Day Health Center programs may take advantage of our onsite hairstylists / barbers, with staff helping them schedule appointments to coincide with their time at the Center.